Monday, June 11, 2007

WWDC Wrap-Up & Evaluation

Well, pundits can go on and on and on about this and that over what Steve Jobs presented at the WWDC Keynote today...Oh wait, that's my job. ;)

Now for those of you who want to see the full Keynote, you'll be able to download it from the Apple website later...but please be aware...it could take a long time to download. Just be advised. :) (For those of you who can't wait, you can peep a clip over at C/net News - Thanks MHC!)

I think out of everything that really excited me as an end user (not a developer), was the design additions and changes to the Desktop. Now for those of you who really know me, you know that my home computer's desktop is always a mess...it never looks organized. But with Stacks enabling me to keep things organized into groups in the dock, it'll be great for home use. However, the work application is great too! No more "where did I put that sales file from 2003 at?" You move from Stacks over to the new Finder (thank you!) and the Coverflow feature...it's a great way to look at any file, BUT combine that with the QuickView function, and you can quickly view any file's contents in the finder window, or even expand them to full screen size.

The explanation of the folks at EA getting on board with Mac really is lost to me, unfortunately. I don't feel the need to play Madden on my Mac, or Need For Speed either. Now if they'd just get those folks over at Cryptic to get City of Heroes on the Mac, I'd be happy. ;) But this isn't about me. So that news from EA is good to hear...but I don't really think that it'll bring in a lot of new people. Also changes to iChat...oh good...maybe I'll actually use it now! ;) Cool background features and things to play with aren't too bad. They'll make making home movies more fun...who wouldn't want to be the Star Wars hologram? I can think of tons of uses for that!

Now, as I'm about ready to head home for the day, I'll be downloading Safari for my PC to see how that goes. (YES, I have a PC...I can go both ways if I want to...wait that came out wrong. :P) I've heard good things so far from friends...but will my stupid PC be able to manage it? Stay tuned for a report tomorrow on that.

Well, have a good night and a better tomorrow folks...Keep on talking about this...it's all we're getting until the next Macworld. Excelsior!

-Mike Leader



oooh oooh! Widgettttttttttttttsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

No comments: